Alexandria International Academy believes that parents and their involvement is critical to creating a complete school-learning community.
AIA has designed many means of involving parents in their children’s education include the following:
- Volunteering in class, during field trips and community service projects.
- Promoting school attendance and discouraging absenteeism.
- Supporting the learner profile attributes and modeling its characteristics.
- Participating in workshops in school about the IB programmes, child development, etc.
- Helping in their child’s assessment especially in the primary years.
- Reading to younger children.
- Provide a variety of reading materials in the home and frequently take children to the library.